No matter what they say, I am still the King
And now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in
- "Degausser", Brand New
And now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in
- "Degausser", Brand New
Wake up. Why is it early, so early? 1130 and we’re packing, checking out. Andrew looks punished by time. I feel mildly dizzy, strange. Pound a beer and another, finish the 12 pack from so long ago. Grab our things, hide the messes and walk downstairs. Contemplate checking out but decide against it, later regret this decision for a brief moment until I realize the added expenses were for car parking. Load the vehicle with randomness and drive it to lunch. So little sleep we’re delirious, driving along Magazine Street looking for a place to eat and we spot a pizza joint. Park nearby go inside and order. Something or other. Split a pizza but before it arrives I start shaking so I get a beer. Drink it and feel better, instant calm. Pizza shows and Andrew heartily eats 97% of it, I snack on a miniscule corner and a small green pepper. Walk to a thrift store, same as before, buy randomness. Drive to Kim and Brian’s and hang out for a bit. It’s Memorial Day, or so they say. Guests are showing up and people are talking. Chatting, hanging out. I’m spiraling down, away. Head hurts. Stomach revolting. Every muscle twitches to the beat of some unheard rave. Speaking comes only in small syllabic busts, head bowed, eyes closed or cast aside. Constant images leave my mind black, my lips curled away in pain. Give up, excuse myself and curl up on the hardwood floor. Go fetal. Shake and roll and pitch and curl and drink water. Someone gives me a pillow. A blanket. A kiss on the forehead. Water. Water. Want sleep, it won’t happen. No rest. No rest. Nothing. Roll over and over. Cold wood embrace me. Crawl to toilet and retch. Vomit. Water need water. Cold floor with blanket, arm draped over my eyes. No sleep. Get up. Time has sprinted ahead of me. Most guests are gone. Some said bye before, most are drunk. Luke tells Steve he’s “a fucking asshole”. I laugh and clap. The fever has passed. Someone offers a drink. Decline. Everyone leaves. Water. Substance. Rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment