Sunday, November 16, 2008

Heirarchy of Slaves

Oddly enough, today we found Barter Town. You know that lovable place where Master Blaster and Tina Turner run a commune? Master Blaster, like I used to team up with my friend Zak and stomp around California; he on my back, smashing people out of our way. Well, Barter Town buried deep inside the nothingness of Kuwait. Right next to some camels and some sand.

The camels, they hate life and want to die I think. Even with thirty semi-automatic weapons shooting at the rate of 3100 ft per second in their direction, they were not deterred in their quest to end their lives. Time and time again herds of wild camels ran onto the firing line for the M4, M9, and M249 range held today. And time and time again, we stopped the range so that someone could go push them away gently with a car.

It doesn’t sound gentle, but all I saw were two insect like antennas shooting around behind a wall of sand. Then, with a bit of squinting, we saw camels all over! I’d say with ease the camels had us outnumbered, and if my guess on their nonchalant view towards life was correct, then we would have one hell of a fight on our hands if they tried anything.

The camels played nice, and on the return to Camp Buehring the bus missed the turn – forcing us into an off road adventure to make it up. Kuwait appears to be a giant road. One big road country. Or at least drivable land, the roads which are not paved (almost all I’ve seen) are only slightly smoother and lower than the fields of sand. But while correcting the error the bus sped past a shanty town which can only, truly be described as Barter Town.

And wouldn’t you know it? Master Blaster runs barter town. Always has. Always will.

No comments: