Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Clarity. Or, a cipher.

Just to clarify a few things I realize might make no sense…First off, if I post ten or so things in a single day, it’s only because I didn’t get a chance the other days to post them. Something tells me that this won’t be put up for a while, considering the ranges and field exercises I have going on. My guess is 5 days before this message gets out. Anyway, I have little to no time (plus it costs money to use the internet) to be able to get onto the computers, so I just type on my laptop until then.

Also, I’ve never considered my writing any good. Most of the time I can’t stand to read it, so I just type and never look back. This often leads to awful errors in thought process; I get lost in my own rants and leave out critical junctions in direction and tone at times. Other times I’ll blow off whole sentences for just a few words. Grammar is something I can only spell, and as my good friend Chrisi once told me, “You type like you speak, and I can read your sentences the exact way you say them.” I have no, no sense of where a comma belongs so I just put them in my natural pauses. Which can be problematic I suppose. Whatever. But the point is, I don’t like my writing. So if you don’t either, too bad. This is as good as I’ll get. I’m not trying to win awards or make people lust after my style (“ill flow” was what I wanted to write). I’m just conveying thoughts in a semi-random manner, to give a generalized idea of what my year in Iraq is and will be like, and one day was like.

Take the sentence I last wrote, it makes little sense to me at the end and I wrote it. I need some lessons or something. Lastly, I often quote movies or books and take sayings and phrases from them, so certain things (“Sorry Mom, Sorry God”, Chuck Palahniuk) are just things I like to say. So rock and roll. Deal with it.

No comments: