I woke up and thought, for only a second, that I wasn't in Iraq. Lying there, wrapped in a white comforter and enveloped in warmth, I daydreamed about being back in college. About walking outside, the sun on my face and heading down towards the gorge, where cold water ran quickly through the rock. I thought about hanging out and enjoying the day, taking a nap near the water. I thought about playing sports and running around, just being happy.
And then I remembered that I'm living today, not 5 years ago, and I'm in Iraq. Perhaps this is the initial onset of my eventual Alzheimer's.
Perhaps.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well... it will soon be over... and things will get better :) that hard to spell disease is for those old people... and your not that old... well... nm (-_-+)dowest
Post a Comment