I'm surprised I haven't given up yet. Writing usually bores me after a couple of weeks, and given my almost zero level of interesting things I've done here in Iraq I'm amazed I haven't shut this site down yet.Doesn't help that in order to write something ahead of time I have to sit at my computer, burn it to CD, bring the CD to work and mail it to myself, go to a computer lab and post it.
Doesn't help when I just wrote this, but in a different way, and then fun, the Internet decided not to publish it correctly, and I'm having to do it all over again. Hurray.
So anyway, for almost 4 months we haven't done anything tangible.Actually, no, we have. We built office furniture and walls out of wood we found or pilfered. Made shivs in a class on prison safety. Taught each other how to do the things we don't really do. Transported vehicles up to Baghdad numerous times to switch around equipment we haven't used yet. Had a field day. Planned out the plot to a goofy MFT movie, and made no progress towards producing it. We've done a lot, but nothing at all that we couldn't have done in Fort Hood.
It's always this way. But still, I'll see if I can keep writing, keep trying to find some purpose to being here beyond the obvious space filler that I am.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment