Friday, September 11, 2009

T - 52, I think...

It's been a while since I've had the time, and memory, to post on here. Where to begin, to catch up so to speak. Speicher is over. It's done with. We had our final source meets and left in a whirlwind of discontent. Chanatee left with Quiet to Balad, L-Word and myself traveled to Al Asad.

In the end it was a learning experience, if nothing more. We learned about our ability to deal with one another, and the futility of having oversight whose only job, is oversight. We learned about the sources in the Speicher area, about what they liked and disliked, what we could trust them with and what we could trust them to do. And we were all of us placed in different areas, with different sources to learn from.

In the end we learned about the futility of trying. We learned about the Army.

So I am established now, here in Al Asad. This should be my last "station" in Iraq. 52 days left in this country, and after a considerable chunk are spent here, L-Word and I will return one last time to Balad, and then to Kuwait. And then it will all be over. But until then, let the entries continue, again.

No comments: