Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Random Thoughts...

I just licked the side of a plastic bottle, because there was Hawaiian Punch residue on it, and as soon as my tongue made contact I realized that the surface of that bottle had been sitting outside in dust and dirt for months. I then realized, that without water to dilute it, the H.P. powder is potent like sugar-free Kool-Aid packets you can find as a kid.

For no explanation at all, I have been hording phones. Cell phones, Sat phones, SIM Cards and regular type. I want to have a collection of working phones, throwaway phones, swappable SIM cards, I want it all. And I don't know why. I just feel that when I get back to the states (at which point I should have something like 5 telephones) I need to have options, in case my phone or number or phones get compromised. I want to be able to toss the phones aside, and never be traced. Perhaps I'm losing my mind, and this is just the first stage...

The flies in this area are quite ferocious. They seem territorial, pacing me on my runs for 20 or so meters and then zooming off, peeved at their inability to stop me dead in my tracks. During those 20 meters though, the fly will buzz my face. Land on my glasses. Lick my sweat and taste my salts. The fly is not discouraged by a swat, nor two or twenty. The fly enjoys the game, and knows that if it is a matter time before I will become hesitant towards swatting him, or her. And when that happens, the lazy human will become a social gathering for all flies in the area, who will of course be invited by the initial fly. I've seen it happen. It's a terrible thing. Anyway, normal flies, normal flies get swatted at and they think, "Whoa!" and lazily fly off to investigate some lettuce they spied. Iraqi, specifically Al Anbar province flies, they're evil. They dive and dip into well practiced attack routes, coming from atop or behind to suddenly land on your sunglasses. And this is all part of the fly plot, which says, in the 4th paragraph, to land on objects of slight to high value, causing the wearer to spasm comically and slap the value right out of the object. The flies have worked, for years, on perfecting this plot, and Al Anbar flies have mastered it's art.

They're to be feared, unless you can trap them inside of an air conditioned room, and then you can slow them down with the chill. And then they are killable. But then, and only then. Otherwise they chase after you with crazy fly hatred and razor sharp fly teeth, which thankfully aren't sharp or teeth at all but eyes which can see through your soul.


No comments: