Saturday, August 8, 2009

Something Unusual

Take it easy you're going too far.
You don't want to keep this car in the red.
-"
Explain Myself", Nonpoint

Late at night after the day is essentially over and I have become exhausted from a combination of no sleep, demanding exercise, and mindless work I stand in the desert. I stand there, and stare off into nothing. At the sky, at the ground, at the light of cars driving slowly by on the street. The street close enough that if they looked hard, really truly hard, they could see me. But no one ever does.

And I stand there and stare off, sometimes with music playing in my headphones. The desert heat dries the sweat of the day, and I think that for this moment, right now, everything is beautiful here.

"When night falls on long days and thankless hours; when sand castles fly recklessly unassembled in the air crying out for children to fix them; when dust devil’s dance together destroying sight, comfort in the land comes to me. Drenched in salty exhaustion and facing the sky; a silence brushes over the tiny whiskers growing slowly on my face as if to say, come, frolic in the dark. The stars never blink nor stir though heat gusts swarm the spaces they cannot reach. Surrounded by so much, so little, I cannot think but to breathe and let the wind caress my cheek in gratitude for my patience. Standing before this vast emptiness I say goodbye to the parts of me I know will always reside here; questioning what for, until the end of time."

No comments: