Like they have any right at all, to criticize
Hypocrites you're all here for the very same reason
-"Breathe (2 A.M.)" Anna Nalick
The slight burn of a mixed drink hits my lips and suddenly I’m back in Texas. Back in New York and Amsterdam and New Orleans and Seattle and San Diego and Phoenix. I’m back in all the places I’ve been before and never appreciated, all the bars I’ve grabbed a stool and plopped my thirsty ass down in and never really, truly, said thank you to the bartender.
So thank you bartenders. Thank you servers and waitresses and shot girls and friends who decided to host a house party. Thank you strangers who have bought me a drink and drunkards who didn’t know what they were doing. Thank you makers of fine liquor and makers of sinister spirits, thank you to all the people who made me feel so good and so free. Thank you to everyone whose haphazard decisions enabled my own haphazard decisions.
I just never understood how much you meant to me before now. But I’ll never under appreciate you again, and I hope somehow, you can read this and know that in me, you’ll always have a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment