0945 rolls around and still there hasn't been an entrance by the middle or upper elements of MFT9. Jibba Jabba, she came in on the heels of 68. The Scream showed up a bit later and Sausage Fingers made his appearance as well. But the flow of soldiers stopped there with very little reasoning why.
Scratch that. There was reasoning. Goblin King and Blue had been up until 0400 doing work. Skitzo, as is his regular, wasn't getting up on time ever. Mr. Pringles didn't bother showing up, and I'll go ahead and guess that he was also up until 0400 working.
Traitor however, left a note:
"Goblin King,
Stayed late at work. Won't make it in until after 9.
Traitor"
Jibba Jabba, roommate of Traitor, said that made no sense since she slept before Jibba Jabba did. Jibba Jabba was on time.
I laughed. I cursed. Then I decided that if there was no guidance, and no work to be done, then I wouldn't do work. So I grabbed the book I was reading, said my goodbyes, and walked away.
I hung out in my room for 30 minutes until Blue banged on my door. He wasn't happy with my dereliction. I laughed anyway.
After a couple of hours of sitting at work without reason, I brought up the point that I could sit in the office and read, or sit somewhere else and read. There were no valid counter points, and I went "home" to take a nap.
Just another day in Iraq.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment