There are no words for how I can describe him and do him justice. He simply is, and always will be, one of the greatest and most charismatic people I will ever run into. Simply knowing of him has been one of the most privileging experiences I can think of. The reminiscing stories and tales, the re-lived moments we’d shared slaving for others, the antics and the laughs, they were as bittersweet as could be. The way the sheer strength of the deluge pulls you under even as you rejoice in its benevolent force, that is how contemplating the events that have been with Metts are. Like trying to think about the best sunset you’ve ever seen, the best food you’ve ever eaten. It brings back a smile stronger than a blade, and a longing as sharp as the edge.
To you Mr. Metts: Let us hope that our paths shall meet again.
[Mr. Metts, standing with author and Thin Mints]
No comments:
Post a Comment